Monday, February 27, 2012

Super 8 Stop Motion

This past week was my first experience using a Super 8 camera. I've always loved the texture and feel of super 8 being projected on screen and I've always wanted to shoot some footage myself. However, I was not aware of the camera's ability to shoot frame-by-frame and thus allow for stop-motion animation.

In class, we set up apple boxes and intermittently set up panes of glass on which we could animate. Though I usually like coming in with a distinct plan and know what we are trying to achieve, it was fun to let our animation take on its own life and develop as we moved along.

It will be fun to see how it all comes together, especially after this weeks Pixilation exercise. But regardless, it was a great experience and this is just another reason i'd love to have my own Super 8 camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment